Web Content, Banners, and News
Promoting the THRIVE app on websites, newsletters, and blogs:
Healthcare providers and organizations with websites, newsletters, blogs, or other communications vehicles can use the news summaries below to inform parents/guardians about the THRIVE app. Feel free to customize as desired and use to update your website and/or newsletters. Consider adding the Key Features section (below) to any of the summaries if space permits.
New App for Parents of Teens and Young Adults
The Society of Adolescent Health and Medicine (SAHM) has launched THRIVE, a new app for parents of teens and young adults aged 16-25. You’ll find health topics, tips, and conversation starters to help engage your kids in a dialogue about their health. The free, interactive app is available on iOS and Android devices and allows you to create confidential, personalized profiles and health-based checklists.
Teen Health: There’s an App for That
Want to empower your teens and college-aged kids to pay more attention to their health? Now there’s an app for that! The THRIVE app from the Society of Adolescent Health and Medicine (SAHM) helps you and your kids sort through numerous health topics relevant to their age and needs. The interactive free app is available on iOS and Android devices.
Mobile Health App Helps Parents Connect with Teens/Young Adults
Do you have a hard time talking to your teens or college-aged kids about important health topics? Do you wish they would play a more active role in their health? The new THRIVE app from the Society of Adolescent Health and Medicine (SAHM) can help. It provides tips, conversation starters, and other resources to assist teens and young adults transition to adulthood. Download the free app from iTunes or Google Play Store to get the conversation started.
Keeping Your Teens and Young Adults Healthy
The Society of Adolescent Health and Medicine’s (SAHM) new mobile app, THRIVE, helps parents connect with their teens and young adults on a variety of health-related topics. It features a comprehensive library of materials, supportive tips, and conversation starters to help you stay connected to your teens and young adults and prepare them to take ownership of their health. You can create and personalize confidential profiles for each child, store health records including annual exam and immunizations records, and track progress of important health milestones. Download the free app from iTunes or Google Play Store.
From social media to social drinking, teens and young adults are faced with an onslaught of decisions everyday – many of which could impact their health. The new THRIVE from the Society of Adolescent Health and Medicine (SAHM) helps you help your kids make the right decisions. It includes conversation starters and tips to guide their transition to adulthood. Download the free app from iTunes or Google Play Store.
The THRIVE app features:
- Guided health information, supportive tips, and conversation starters to help answer tough questions and prepare your teen to take ownership of his or her health
- A variety of tools and resources to assist with your teen’s/young adult’s transition to adulthood
- An easily accessible and secure place to store health records, insurance cards, keep track of medications and immunization history and set reminders about needed vaccinations
- Recommended immunization schedule for adolescents
- An adolescent healthcare provider locator/directory
- A personalized, confidential dashboard to create one or more profiles and checklists tailored to your teen’s age and needs
- The ability to track his or her progress, mark tasks complete, and even check the weather in your teen’s area to stay connected
- Detailed information on alcohol and substance use, social media, sexual health, mental health, immunizations, consent and confidentiality, precollege health exam, precollege checklist, health insurance, tobacco use, and more